Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Facebook buys instagram

So yesterday when hubby called me and told me this breaking news I was like great something else Facebook is taking over. Then I googled it and started reading some other articles and began to wonder what this means for instagram?

I don't know about you but I'm absolutely in love with that app. It's addicting actually. I love taking pictures, uploading them so family and friends can see and most exciting for me is to see other people's pictures. I'm not a Facebooker, for those who did not know. So now I'm worried that Facebook bought instagram what does that mean for instagram? I'm one of those people that believe if it ain't broke don't fix it. Instagram ain't broke, in fact I think its perfect just how it is. Facebook please don't try to fix it. :) k, thanks! Like they care what little ole me thinks right?!

But I do have to say this while I'm on my soap box: why couldnt I think of creating an app that would enhance mobile pictures like that?! Or better yet, a social network that you could connect with people across the world?! How crazy is it that the creator of Facebook is my age?? To top it off, he's my age and worth like billions!!! I mean come on, he wanted to buy instagram so he did for $1billion.

I want to buy a private island somewhere, I think I will just offer them a couple billion and see if they take it. I mean my gosh, I can't even imagine. That is awesome for him, such an accomplishment.

Did you know that instagram is only 18 months old? Yea, boring fact for ya that I found while reading yesterday. But I was impressed, only 18months ago it was launched, it is 100% free, makes no money, and was just purchased for $1billion!

Ok, sorry for those that found this totally random post boring but it shows my geek side. Haha I can be pretty geeky at times.

Hope y'all have a great Tuesday!!

No comments: