Monday, November 26, 2012

Corn Flakes Chicken

IMG_7639a

I can’t remember where I first saw this recipe but I have seen it all over the internet in various different forms.  I decided to try it out while my 15 year old cousin was staying with me.  Her reaction to it made me realize it was pretty good!  She loved it, the babies loved it and hubby loved it.  I did chicken tenders the first time I made it and this past week when I cooked it again for my family I decided chicken nuggets were easier for the babies.  So here’s the low down:

Ingredients:

one egg

1/4 cup of milk

salt and pepper to taste

chicken tenders

corn flakes

 

IMG_7627

First, preheat your oven to 400.  Then cut your tenders into nuggets, or leave them as tenders.  They are good either way!  Salt and pepper your chicken.

IMG_7629

Combine the egg and milk to create a wash.

IMG_7630

Add the chicken to the egg wash mixture.  While the chicken is soaking, put four cups of the corn flakes into a zip lock (our choice for brand) bag and smash into small pieces.  Sorry, I don’t have a picture of this step.  I found between the first time and this last time I made this that it turned out much better the smaller you crush the corn flakes.  Also, we bought honey nut roasted corn flakes…OMG they ROCKED this chicken!  Just a suggestion, I’m sure regular corn flakes would be great also.  After your corn flakes are smashed add your chicken and shake until the chicken is well coated.  Another trick I learned is if your corn flake mix and chicken appear to be too wet, you can add a tablespoon of flour.

IMG_7632

The key to the crunchy chicken is to add a cooling rack to the cookie sheet and place your chicken on the cooling rack to bake.  I always spray the cooling rack before baking on it just to keep things from sticking to it.  Be sure when you lay your nuggets out that you don’t have them touching.

 

Bake for 30 minutes, or until corn flakes are golden brown.  Remove from oven and serve before your hubby eats them all!

IMG_7639

They are really the easiest chicken nuggets I have ever made and they are SO tasty!!!

No comments: