Saturday, January 21, 2012

I'm seeing spots! *White painting*

When we bought our house I knew there was a list a mile long of DIY projects I wanted to do (see list in upcoming post)...however...I did not realize how long it would take me to complete the projects I wanted to BEFORE, or soon thereafter, we moved in!  Not that I expected all my projects to be complete in a four day weekend but I knew that painting would be much easier without furniture, and babies, in the way.  So after closing we went straight to the house and began painting.  Actually first thing on our list was to remove the chair rail, I just realized I didn't get a picture of it :( oh well it was in the middle of the wall and went throughout the entire living room.  Then after it was gone, we got our paint on!

After painting the living room, on and off, for two days...hubby hit me with "we gotta get started painting the whites".  UGH! I knew that it was something that had to be done, and I knew I wanted it done, but I dang sure did NOT want to be the one doing it.  So our second night here, Monday, I got started painting the whites.  You may ask "why didn't you get hubby to paint too"...well because as much as I love the man, he cannot paint.  Actually, he CAN paint, however it will end up EVERYWHERE (more on his chest painting later in the post!).  So it is just easier for me to do it by myself, with his encouragement from the side lines!

I took some before pictures, but it doesn't look that bad in the pictures...probably because of my freshly painted brown walls!

Fireplace before.
You can see a little better here how it was time for fresh paint.
I did give him the job of taping, he did GREAT! :)
This window seal is the front of our living room and it has the most light coming in.  Apparently the people before us had cats, we found toy mice under the fridge, and this window seal was scratched like you wouldn't believe.  I think the cat sat in this window or looked out of it, and it was the worst of the whites for sure...again hard to see by the pics.
You can kinda see here...ok maybe that is a spot on my laptop screen.  YUP it was...haha well anyway I tried to get pics for yall!

But anyway, after many and I mean MANY hours of painting...I was OVER IT!  Finally on Thursday night hubby told me "I want to get done with the whites tonight because we have people coming over this weekend to see the place"...I thought *I DONT CARE IM GOING TO BED*.  But I painted, and painted, and painted...finally by midnight I couldn't paint anymore and I was seeing spots and hubby took over for me.  Bad, bad move...tired plus can't paint when rested equals wifey cleaning up a LOT of paint.  He was painting til 2AM and it was getting everywhere, his chest, the ceiling, the floor, the cabinets, the doors...but we are DONE WITH THE WHITES!  *in the living area at least*

I plan on touching up whites throughout the home, however that will come over time and I will do it little by little...ahhhh it feels good having the living area done!!! Can't wait to show ya "progress" pictures!!!

1 comment:

Ashleigh-Anne: said...

I'm so happy for you guys! I know you've waited a long time to find your perfect home, and now you have it! It's gorgeous and I am looking forward to seeing all of you before and after pictures. You're so crafty, so there's no doubt it will be adorable! :) Congrats!