Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Bench makeover

We worked on my mil living room this weekend and it look so amazing. But I have to say my favorite part of the entire project is this before and after.

She has had this bench, I believe, since she was in high school. She has recovered it once. It was due for a makeover.

We wanted to make this a big surprise in her room so we kept telling we we were gonna work on the bench but she was very much against it, in fear that we wouldn't have enough time...but we did.

First we took it apart. Then began painting. It was brown before so it took about 3 coats to get it good and covered. Then it was time to remove the old fabric. That actually was the hardest part. I think I removed near 100 staples. See when she recovered it she didn't remove the original fabric, so I had two layers to go. It was soooo frustrating! But we made it through. Next we laid out the new fabric and began stapling it on. After the paint was dry we reassembled it and TA-DA!

I LOVE the bench now and it pops so good against her newly battened walls!!

Sorry about the before pic I was bad and forgot to take before pics.

No comments: