Saturday, October 8, 2011

Let The Crafting Begin!

Today I got to spend some of my gift card money on crafting supplies...YAY!! I have a mile long list of pinterest crafts I just haven't had a chance to start. I was planning to get started on most of them this weekend, but I actually got two of them done. I was very proud of myself too. I still have many to do but they will come with time :)

So, this morning the babies let us sleep til 7AM. I cannot believe I am actually celebrating sleeping "in" til 7AM...remember the days when 7AM was early and "sleeping in" meant like 8:30 0r 9:00!! haha...I'm totally NOT complaining though because hearing those sweet "momma!" from lil man and giggles from babygirl make it all worth it! So after we got up, we headed to town for some shopping...had to be sure we got back in time for kick off! First stop on the list...Hobby Lobby...aaahhhhhh how I love that store!! Lil man kept telling me "bye momma, bye", I'm guessing that means he did not love it as much as me!

After Hobby Lobby we went to the mall and Best Buy, and Target...oh how I have missed Target! That was my lunch spot when I worked down town and had an hour lunch. I seriously went there EVERY day and did not mind one bit. I have def missed my lunch Target trips. So anyway, after that we headed home to catch some Nole action on the field...no we will not get in to talk about the game...moving on to brighter subjects...

While the babies napped, Noles kicked off, I started crafting. First on the list was preping my black canvas for this cutie...

It's our ghost family! I LOVE the fall, every single thing about it. I love the hurricane season (not the damage from the storms just tracking them, yes I'm THAT nerdy), the cooler temps, the long sleeves, the BOOOTsSSS, the holidays, the FOOD, FOOTBALL, the festivals, the fair, and crafting. I remember growing up having a craft project at least once a month...I'm trying to do that with the babies but the fall is easiest because of the holidays. So this Halloween craft this year was our ghost family...i LOVE it! Until the babies get a little older I have to do most of the crafting myself...that's ok because I love it!

So then I started making felt flower headbands, originally for baby girl, but I fell in love and then made me some too. :) Hope you like them...
Ok, maybe I went a little headband crazy...just a little!
Some are simple...
Simple...
Some have more details...
Then I had to make one with fall colors. It's actually brown and yellow but hard to tell...
Babygirl's...one for fall and the pink pretty much matches her everyday dress ;)
And she loved them! She sported that headband like a little model...hehe made me and her daddy smile! :) Gotta love that dimple!

Tomorrow's agenda: laundry (BOO!), a dress for babygirl, finish up old projects, and prepare some fall style dinners for this week (chili, chicken and rice, beef stew...yummm I did say one of my fav parts of fall is the food...I wasn't lying!)

No comments: