Tuesday, July 19, 2011

River Trip

The River Trip this weekend was a blast and very eventful to say the least! We (without my hubby, BOO) left Friday after work and headed to the St. John's River. Pop and Nene (Dad's Dad and Stepmother) have a beautiful home backing right up the the gorgeous river. TypicallyI sleep in the living room which has two HUGE sliding glass doors looking out to the river. This time, because I had the babies I got the bedroom and mom and dad got the living room with the stunning view!


Friday night we got there so late we didn't really do anything after we arrived except crash!! Brody had a hard time falling asleep, he got wired from his car ride nap.


Saturday morning we (me and the kiddos) were up bright and early to greet Mr. Sunshine on the river.


Brody and mommy enjoying the amazing view


Savannah thought it was a pretty view too.



This fake crab was one of Brody's faves ALL weekend. He would pick it up, kiss it, lay his head on it to give love and play with the crab. He would walk into the room and say "heeeeeyyyyy crab". It was so funny!





So trying to be a good mommy, I brought bucket-o-toys-will-travel! For what I don't know because this bucket wasn't really touched all weekend!



Let's rewind to Friday night's road trip. There is a rather large bridge, let me paint a picture for you....this road we travel to get to the river is a tiny two lane road...with no lights...and seriously the WORST drivers EVER! So back to the bridge, I get to the bridge, all is good, get to the top of the bridge and start hearing it rain...no I mean pouring! But I didn't see any rain, after literally only 30 seconds, it stopped and my windshield was COVERED with "YUCKIE" (as Brody would say) bugs! I took this picture after going another 40 miles or so and the next morning so there is no telling how many bugs there were at the time. I hit a SWARM of skeeters!



Yuckie!





Saturday, Pop and Nene had to take their kitty to the vet :( poor baby girl is sick. I hope they can find what is wrong and get her feeling better ASAP! While we were waiting on Pop and Nene to get back I took the opportunity to do a quick photoshoot with some beautiful subjects!









Brody found that he could move the table!! And let me tell you lil man was moving that little table all over the place.
























Brody had the best time playing on the dock...but made his momma SOOOO nervous!! Yes, I am a "free spirit" kind of momma...you know "he'll only do it once" and "oooh it wont kill him its just dirt" kinda girl...but I am NOT the kind of laid back that would leave him on the dock alone, Gammy was standing gaurd I just cropped her out! :) SORRY GAMMY :)




Savannah was resting with Nene. We took this to show Daddy that she got away with a little thumb sucking while we were there...opsie! :)


Pop and Savannah watching Brody play with his fishing pole...she is so sweet any time Brody is doing anything she smiles and watches...she cannot wait to play with him! :)


Getting his fishing pole lesson from Nene.

Savannah is ready for her boat ride. After Pop and Nene got back we all got ready for a boat ride. Unfortunately by this time the clouds set in and we all knew (but wouldn't admit) that most likely our boat trip would be cut short. But we attempted anyway, Brody's got some swimming learning to do, Nana's pool is ready!!! ;)


On her first boat ride at the river...she fit right in...fell asleep and all! :)


Brody enjoying his boat ride in his new vest!


Paw Paw enjoyed his!


Pop enjoyed his!


And Nene enjoyed hers!


Even though the trip was cut short due to the rain...we still stopped long enough to get wet real quick!





After we got back in, the ladies decided to head to town for a little shopping!!! We went to Big Lots and Bealls OMG...their stores make ours look TERRIBLE!!!


That night we had an amazing steak dinner and to bed I CRASHED!!! I know my hubby provides me a LOT of help but I really don't KNOW until I am doing it by myself for 2 days!!! I was SOOOOO TIRED!!!!


Sunday was up early, breakfast and headed home!!! We had a great weekend, I missed hubby to the maximum and really don't like traveling without him.


This week ahead is going to be awesome because tomorrow I officially become a ThirtyOne consultant and I am hoping to continue the success I have for a long time. I am loving every minute of it, and while I have just gotten started I am looking forward to my future with this company!


This weekend we are headed back out to the farm...but this time it is because THE POOL IS DONE!!! YIPPIE SKIPPIE I cannot wait...Brody LOVES the water and is getting so good at swimming so I am super excited to get him in the water!!

No comments: