Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 8: A Photo of Something Close-Up

I worked on my photos this weekend, but I was not able to get them posted. So I am getting them all posted tonight.

The "Close-up" photo started off difficult for me. I wasn't sure what I was going to take a picture of because I love taking close-up pictures. They are the easiest for me and I enjoy them. But I was out on the farm and I wanted something to represent the farm.

So I picked corn. HA! Don't ask me why corn...but I did. It actually turned out pretty neat. But I wasn't completely satisfied so I kept shooting. And got the below images.




Do you know what this is!?!?! A RATTLE, yes like off a freaking rattle snake! The first thing we did when we got to the farm was go see a snake. There are TONS of snakes out there and it is common to see a couple dozen every summer. This time my in-laws actually witnessed something most people only see on National Geographic. They were picking berries and saw something flipping ahead. The closer they got they could see that it was a snake eating a rabbit. They said the snake had the whole head of that rabbit in it's mouth and it was flipping trying to get the rabbit down. When they walked up on it they scared it but not before they could kill it. Why did they kill it when the poor pitiful snake was only trying to eats its meal!?!? Well for starters because it was a SNAKE! Hello!!! In the country if you yell "SNAKE" you better duck and cover because there will be AT LEAST 3 people there, all with guns cocked and loaded ready to shoot, in a matter of 30 seconds. Think I'm kidding....try it sometime! But this was not just a snake, it was a 5 1/2 foot diamond back rattle snake! SCARY huh?

I thought the skin of the snake made for a really cool "close-up" picture! :)

No comments: