Friday, December 31, 2010

Iron-on Cut Outs

This project was so easy and I think it turned out great! So first I want to say that if you don't have a cricut, I'm sorry because I do not know how to make this without the cricut.

First pick out a fabric that you want to use, then choose another fabric that matches. Next you have to decide if you want to make a letter or a symbol of some sort. Then you will need Heat N Bond, its an iron on adhesive. I think you can buy any "brand" but that is the one I found and was reasonably priced. Iron on the adhesive and leave the paper backing on .


Then I took the fabric and put it face down on the cutting mat. I taped the edges of the fabric to make sure it didn't wrinkle up.


Set your cricut to the selection you want it to cut. If you do not have a cricut I think you can free hand cut whatever you desire.


Once you have the fabric cut out then remove the paper backing and iron on the cut out to your shirt. And you are done!

Ta Da!! This was such an easy project...and fun too!



2 comments:

Tamara James said...

They turned out so good! Too funny, I got some heat n bond today at michaels, great minds think alike;)

Nikki said...

Oh my goodness they are so cute!! I might have to talk my wonderful Husband into letting me get one of those machines.