Sunday, September 12, 2010

Yummm Cantaloupe and Pears

Today we had a major storm. I wanted to play in lightroom but worried that I shouldn't be on the computer with the lightening, so I made Brody some homemade baby food! The first was actually the cantaloupe and then I did pears but good ole blogger uploaded my pictures out of order.

The pears were definitely more difficult than the cantaloupe. I washed them, peeled them, sliced them in thin slices and then nooked them in the microwave for about 15 minutes. Once they were softened I was able to puree them in the food processor. Then I put them in my trays and froze them. To my surprise, 3 pears was only enough for 6 meals for Booga...but still cheaper than buying jars!


The cantaloupe was much easier. All I had to do was cut it open, take out the seeds (which are drying to plant next year), slice it up, and puree! By the way, I gave Brody the cantaloupe tonight...he liked it after MANY attempts! Wish I would have had the camera ready for those pics! Maybe next time!!







Doesn't it look like a smoothie?! :)

1 comment:

Tamara James said...

I don't like either of those fruits but that bottom "smoothie" like one looks yummy!